So I took a 5-day layover in Tokyo, Japan, and visited Cartoon. It was 5 days of fun, fun, FUN! I love Japan. The food was so great - we had ramen (from this famous place where the wait was about 2 hours), curry and rice, sushi (of course), shabu shabu (kind of like steamboat, where you cook the meat yourself), green tea ice cream, delicious crepes filled with ice cream, cheesecake, brownie bits, cream, and lots more. My stomach definitely appreciates Japanese cuisine :)
We went shopping, visited the Harajuku area, chilled out at the park, went to shibuya and marveled at the bright lights and huge crowds, enjoyed a day at DISNEYSEA (Which was awesome. I love everything Disney, and Disneysea certainly did not disappoint! The rides were great, the shows were spectacular, and the fireworks at night were magnificent), took the subway everywhere, visited a traditional Japanese marketplace/temple...
And of course, went clubbing practically every night. Japanese clubs are expensive, that's for sure. But they're also super fun and people are tremendously friendly and nice in Japan. The subways close down from midnight till 6am, and so during that time you can see tired partygoers and other random stragglers roaming the streets or taking a nap at McDonald's. It's a pretty interesting sight. And so that meant partying lasted till about 6am, in the wee hours of the morning. It was definitely a crazy experience; I would love to do it all over again! :)
















No comments:
Post a Comment