I hate how time flies when you're having fun. I've come to know and appreciate this place, despite all its obsession with material, worldly stuff. And I've definitely come to love the people, especially the close friends I've made here. So it's sad to leave, because even though we all swear to keep in touch and visit each other, the US of A is just way too big for any reunion in the near future. So it's very possible I won't ever see most of my friends again. sigh. I hate this whole making-friends-then-saying-goodbye-months-later thing. People really do come and go in life. And I guess you just gotta make the best of the time you have with them now :)
No more classes
YES we're done with classes! Finally! No more ridiculous papers or projects! SO GLAD. Even though this semester has been the easiest so far... hardly any homework, no tests, just films to make. Don't know how I'm going to go back to real school and real classes. UGH. Still having major senioritis. Don't want to do anything of substance. haha. But yeah so glad i'm done till january. And i guess i did learn some stuff.. about making films, what it takes to make them, how the industry works, how HARD it is to actually break into the industry (it's near-impossible. it's like a mix between hard work, talent and pure luck. no kidding). I didn't learn as much as I thought I would, but I had a TON of fun here, so that makes it all worth it. I didn't really have any expectations coming out here anyway, so this totally exceeds my expectations and I'm so glad I came. And to think I was nervous about the program before coming out! :)
So we turned in our final film "Two Hours" on saturday. YES! it was pretty insane. ALMOST EVERYONE pulled an all-nighter, especially the picture and sound editors, because they had to work like crazy to make the films perfect. i got some sleep, but not enough. So it was a pretty intense rush to the finish. And our Executive Producers loved all the other films... except ours. sigh. 'cause we ran into some technical problems and couldn't finish editing all we needed to. but whatever. really don't care anymore. just glad to be done. at least they approved our film! So yeah... we all pretty much slept the entire saturday away. kinda sad about that. what a waste of our last saturday! but we were exhausted. at least we had a mini party/break at the center in between editing :)
And i feel like i'm getting sick anyway, so i needed the sleep.
Lights and Sounds
Pretty lit up Ferris Wheel on santa monica pier
On the pier at night
The pier in the distance. I look like my right hand's missing.
Cheap tourist-y shirts on Venice Beach
Muscle Beach - where hardcore insane people work out all the time. even in the COLD.
Can i just say how much i love my new camera and its beautiful colors (in the day)??
CHRISTMAS TREE!!
The group at Griffith Park.
At Rodeo Drive
Woke up at night and went to Griffith Park with a bunch of people to see the Lights Festival. we were all pumped to see it, but it ended up being pretty disappointing. it was kinda lame and cheesy, in typical Hollywood fashion. ugh. seems like everything about this town is cheesy.
Then we went to Rodeo Drive, supposedly the most expensive street of shops in the ENTIRE WORLD! okay, i don't know about that, probably not true, but it sure has ALL the brands and it looks super upscale and sophisticated. It was all lit up and beautiful. LOVE Christmas lights :)
Sunday we went to Venice Beach to shop around... it reminded me alot of Jamaica, what with all the weed smoking and sketchy looking homeless people around. And they actually have MEDICAL MARIJUANA shops along the beach! I think it's like selling marijuana but legally, pretending its medicine. something like that. since marijuana is legal in california. was really weird.
Then when the sun set, we went down to Santa Monica pier and saw it all lit up. we attempted to ride the Ferris Wheel, but forgot to bring money. haha. it was pretty though.
And then I dyed Faith's hair!!! First time dying someone's hair. it was pretty intense and VERY FUN! i want to be a hairdresser. Her hair's all jet black and glossy now. Pretttyyyy. Like mine! haha.
The rest of the photos are on FB here
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=2042799&id=179202856
No comments:
Post a Comment