
Our casting suite decked out to be our 'office'. Isn't that dead tree in the corner awesome??? we found it in the trash. hahaha. along with the desk.

CUTEST KID EVER. pretty good actor too. and very hyper.

Actors doing their job in the mall.

Camera equipment all set up in the mall.

The crew of "Two Hours" :)
On the street
So... I've noticed I often get attention from Hispanic/Black guys on the street, especially when I'm alone. No idea why... but it's so awkward and a little creepy.
Scenario: I'd be happily strolling down the street, minding my own business, and then I see this guy in the distance, leaning against the wall. And i'm just like, okay, he's just a dude, no big deal. But then I get closer, and he gives me that look, and I'm like, great, I know you're up to something. And then as I pass him by, and in my mind I'm going 'please don't say anything, please don't say anything.'
But of course, he says something lame and stupid like 'helloooo giirrrrll' or 'what's up baby' or 'hey beautiful'.
And sometimes they get really original. One guy said 'oooh la laaaa!' and did a little dance as I passed. And another guy was hilarious. He went, 'Me love you long time!' And pointed at me. So then of course my friends and I burst out laughing, and laughed even harder when he looked confused as to why we were laughing at his confession. hahaha. Such weird people here!
And most of the time I either offer them a sheepish 'hi-you're-weird-but-I'm-smiling-at-you-so-you-don't-stab-me-in-the-back' smile, or I ignore them and walk away as fast as I can. And usually the second approach works better.
So yeah. weird encounters.
2012
Anyway, we finally went to see the newest disaster flick '2012' and it was awesome!!! at first we were going to see 'Armored' for free but we got there too late and all the seats were taken. so we got student discounts ($9 in LA is super cheap!) and it was totally worth it. the theatre was the prettiest I've ever seen, which makes sense, since it was in Beverly Hills.
The movie was a little cheesy at times, but had very relatable characters and totally kept our attention the entire time, even though we were all tired from all-nighters the night before. it was so intense! i was on edge the whole time.
And then we went and got $1.50 ice cream sandwiches!! ice cream squashed in between two cookies for super cheap. yummy goodness :)
FREEDOM!
OMG freedom is so close I can almost taste it. Yesterday i turned in my stupid theology paper (YES, FIST PUMP! Done with that ridiculously useless class) and my script (103 pages in total! FEELS SO GOOD TO HAVE A FINISHED SCRIPT!)... 2 more hours till I get off work FOREVER, and then the producer's notebook is due tomorrow, and then.... FREEDOM! :)
Oh and we have a premiere at an actual movie theater for our films, and I just learned that producers have to INTRODUCE THE CAST AND CREW. in front of EVERYONE - classmates, professors, industry people, actors... omg. major stage fright bubbling up in me now.
But I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's completed films :)
No comments:
Post a Comment