Friday, April 23, 2010

1 month to graduation

EXACTLY. Time really does fly. I can't believe I'm actually graduating from college IN A MONTH! It's ridiculous. I'm kind of but also not really ready to be an independent adult living in the big bad world out there. This semester I've learned that the world is really big. And full of bad things and bad people. Even in a little Christian college like Taylor, sketchy stuff abounds. The things I've seen/heard about Taylor people has made me rather cynical of Christians in general. I guess we really are hypocrites. We go to church on Sunday and pretend to worship God and be holy and everything, and then during the week we get drunk and have free sex and do whatever we want. That's right, I said it. The thing that bugs me now is, doesn't anyone value their virginity anymore???? Seriously. I think there must be something wrong with me. Despite all the partying, I don't struggle with controlling myself when it comes to getting physical with guys. And I feel like everyone else does... except me. Maybe God really wants me to be a nun. Sigh.

Okay anyway, I haven't gotten much sleep since getting back from spring break; having Cartoon around is like a 24/7 party. haha. We went to the Reject Show, a Taylor performance where people can showcase whatever talents they have - dancing, singing, acting, doing lame stuff. It was pretty entertaining, especially watching a bunch of guys in tracksuits dancing to some kid song called 'Yummy in my Tummy.'

Friday we went with a bunch of random guys we just met to this place called Piere's, supposedly the biggest club in the midwest. Scoff, scoff. It was pretty lame. I mean, there were 5 bars/clubs in the place, and there was a stage with live performances and stuff, but if this is the best place, then I think everything in Indiana is truly pathetic. Can't wait to get out. One of the rooms was filled with black people - we went in for 5 seconds and ran out. Too scary. Not that I'm racist or anything, but they were just so aggressive and kinda really scary. I think we were the only 2 asians there. So I guess we kinda accomplished our 'goal' of dancing with Taylor boys, although they can't really be considered 'Taylor boys' since they were pretty corrupt.

So after being out all night, we slept for like 2 hours and then drove 2 hours to Purdue University with friends. We were pretty much dead the entire day. But it was fun, we went bowling, ate japanese food and frozen yogurt, went shopping at the mall, went to Flattop, and admired Purdue's huge campus. WHY DIDN'T I GO THERE?!?! I would have so much more fun. There's actually restaurants and stuff to do on campus. Seeing places like that makes me feel like I seriously wasted 4 years of my life. My prime years too. Should stop thinking about it.

And then Saturday night was awful. Won't elaborate, but it involved friends with benefits, dip, whiskey, and someone's apartment. Sometimes... people are just too crazy.

Sunday we cooked Thai curry and ramen and had a pretty big party. Then we went to Payne's to catch up with a friend we've known since freshmen year. It's weird to think I've known some of my friends for about 4 years now. Doesn't seem that long. Then we had a party/therapy session in the galleria of the library in the wee hours of the morning. I think the people trying to study there must have hated us. We tried to play a prank by moving some of the benches outside into the building, but in the morning someone moved them back. Sad.

Monday we caught up with old friends again, had Greek food at Trejo's Gyros, which was awesome. And I realized how much we've changed. We've all become more... liberal, I guess, is the politically correct term. And I also realized how annoying it is to have to find places to drink in secret in this school.

Thursday (and Sunday)
was another random night of drinking. I guess no one here really cares about the covenant we make not to smoke/drink/sin. Some people are seriously HILARIOUS when they get tipsy. And I didn't know the legal age to buy cigarettes was 18! ohhhhh... fun times.

Sunday we went to Ivanhoe's, just the two of us. I was kinda sad Cartoon was leaving. When we said goodbye on Monday we both were secretly pretending to be okay but I was kinda tearing up and later I found out so was she. It's just that normally we say bye and we see each other the next school year. But now it's like... we're going our separate ways after graduation, and I don't know when I'll see her again. In fact, I don't know if I'll ever see some of the people here ever again. Kind of depressing to think about that.

So anyway, I found out this new AWESOME workout called ZUMBA. OMG it's the best workout in the world!!! It's like dancing/aerobics for an hour to awesome hip hop/latin dance music!!! SO. MUCH. FUN. I've been doing it everyday this week. My dance skills will be improved by the end of this semester. haha.

Yesterday we drove to Ball State University to see Youtube star David Choi in action. My first thought? He's SUPER SHORT, even shorter than me, and I'm pretty short. But his performance was solid. Sung ah was pretty starstruck. haha. We had some time to pen questions we had for him, and I asked 'If you could be any Disney princess, which would you be?' I didn't actually think he would pick mine, but he did, and my friends pointed to me when he asked who wrote it, and apparently my face was beet red. hehe. I feel kinda bad we left the concert early, and not only that, we met this cute Caucasian guy who spoke Chinese, and so all 6 of us were crowded around him, with our backs to David Choi. haha. He was probably like, these girls came to see me and now they're flirting with a random guy?!!? And then they leave early??!?! Sorry, David Choi.

Then we went to Walmart and then MT Cup to hang out and play games - typical Taylor fun activity.

Today was MOSAIC NIGHT! International performances and stuff. This year the turnout was awesome. SO many people came, I was shocked. There was an African dance, a Bahamian dance/song, a Chinese song, an Indian song, a Middle Eastern dance, etc. It was pretty cool, but the best part was this guy from Hawaii who did a fire dance. Totally reminded me of how awesome Hawaii is and how I want to go back there again sometime.

In other news, my portfolio's almost done! YES.

No comments: