FUN FUN FUN!! I'm having so much fun in school, now that I've found like-minded party people here WITH CARS!!! Why didn't I meet them sooner??? Will have to party every weekend until graduation - 3 more weeks! Ridiculous. I guess people here aren't that uptight after all.
We went to Indianapolis this past weekend, twice in a row. Indiana is so cheap compared to everywhere else like NYC or LA. Cover charge? $5 measly dollars, or even free! Nothing compared to LA where it's like at least $20! Although it wasn't as fun as LA or NYC, it was still decent. The people we went with were pretty fun and crazy :)
I think it's funny how we're all buddy-buddy in the club, and then when we see each other around campus, we're like practically strangers, almost too ashamed to even say hi for fear of people asking how we know each other. Only at Taylor do people have to do this (and secretly buy alcohol)! But it's okay. THREE MORE WEEKS!!!!! (plus finals week)
Saturday was a bit awkward initially, because my friend invited this guy who likes me (seriously, I should just move to Africa and find a husband. why do black guys always like me???!), but i didn't really like him more than just a friend, so I didn't really know what to do. But in the end it was pretty fun 'cause he was cool.
Okay, anyway. BIG NEWS! I have some semblance of a plan for my life...............
I AM APPLYING TO TEACH ENGLISH IN KOREA/JAPAN/HONGKONG!!!!!
Can you imagine me teaching.... anything? Don't laugh, I can't either. I feel like I would give all the kids 'A' just because they're cute. haha. And I don't even have a teaching certificate/degree! But apparently they're so desperate for English native speakers they'll take anyone with a bachelor's degree in anything who's a US citizen, which is ME! So yeah. I will apply and wait anxiously. It's not like I'm giving up on my dream to go to NYC, I'm just taking a gap year. This concept of a gap year is increasingly popular among Americans, especially with the crappy economy now. So I take one year off between college and work, go do something good with my life, discover myself, make money, save money, and then move to NYC next year! Sounds good huh.
Have no idea if it's what God wants for me, but I figure He'll open/close the door. So if I get a job teaching English, I'm thinking He wants me to go. SO EXCITED! Although I wish I spoke Korean/Japanese/Cantonese. It will be a challenge, but it's exciting. We'll see what happens :)
No comments:
Post a Comment