After all that traveling in the last 4 years, I can safely say nowhere can beat Singapore in terms of food. There's seriously all kinds of food you can ever ask for here, and they're all of pretty good quality.
cousins :)
So I did the usual stuff... met up with friends, ate tons of dim sum/ramen/sushi/every asian food imaginable, watched a ton of movies - Prince of Persia, The Karate Kid, Killers, and The A-Team. Gotta love the cheap movies here. Also did some shopping, gotta love the annual Great Singapore Sale.
Watched a NTU chinese hall production, which was actually rather interesting and I surprised myself because I understood it and didn't fall asleep! Went to Sentosa with cousins on a rainy day, saw some of the completed construction on the resorts and on Universal Studios, it looked pretty good. Went to church and heard all about the crazy changes happening... as usual. Did my hair and had a facial... and got lost trying to find the places alone. And met up with a Taylor friend who's here for a summer camp job. It's been a pretty packed 10 days, going out everyday and meeting different people for lunch and dinner. But it's been good. I like being busy. Keeps me from thinking about other things, like how I'm a college graduate and I still don't have a job and I have no idea what to do with my life.
So... after being here only about a week and a half, I'm kind of bored. And ready to go on to someplace new. I don't know why but I'm just always itching to travel and go places and meet new people and experience new things and SEE THE WORLD!
I think I've definitely gotten more adventurous and brave in the last four years. I mean, I liked traveling in the past, but it was more of just going on vacation with the family. Now I wanna live somewhere, immerse myself in the culture, do crazy things, before I actually settle down and live a boring life. haha. I don't know. I've been researching things I can do, like working abroad, interning abroad, working and traveling, working at resorts/cruise ships, and they all sound so wonderfully exciting! I can't decide! Plus they all require money, of course. sigh. Why is it so hard to find a job that allows you to travel and get paid at the same time?!
Oh well. Kind of excited about going to perth, since it's a new place to be explored and new experiences await me. And I'll get to see my two little brothers who hardly talk to me since they're always in front of the TV/their computer but I still love them anyway. But I don't know anyone there, except for my family, so... it could potentially be boring. And since I'm not going to school or anything, there's not really a place I could meet new people, except at church I guess. So here's hoping perth will be a good time :)
Goodbye Singapore, see you.... sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment