I remember doing the DISC test years ago, and I was a high S with a little bit of I and hardly any D or C. So, since I kind of secretly enjoy doing quizzes and surveys, I decided to try the test again today. I took one booklet from my dad's huge pile of DISC booklets (which he keeps for his marriage/counseling/ministry stuff), and tried my hand at it.
And I realized I really haven't changed much. At all. I'm still S-I, stable and steady. And I guess I've changed in some ways... Now I'm more open to change, I like adventure and taking risks and going to new places. But I'm still very much a follower, a peacemaker, and an avoider of all kinds of conflict.
So... the conclusion is,
I am an Advisor/Counselor/One who is merciful.
And the booklet says:
Advisors exhibit warmth, sympathy and understanding in their approach to people. They possess a casual kind of poise in most social situations. Many will come to them as they are seen as good listeners. They typically do not attempt to force their ideas on others, and in a conflict are likely to yield or be overly flexible.
If the conflict is serious, they may withdraw to avoid further conflict rather than work at resolution. They tend to take criticism of their work as a personal affront. They can sometimes be overly tolerant and patient with non-producers. Advisors prefer to deal with people on a personal, intimate basis in a low-pressure situation.
Their managers should realize that Advisors tend to allow too much lead time on projects. They need personal attention and compliments for assignments that are well done. Their best work will be done when a public viewing or review is likely. They are instinctive team players and work best in an environment of acceptance and serenity.
Well-known advisors: OPRAH! :)
General characteristics: Trusting, emotional, impulsive, good listener, team player, steady, predictable, understanding, friendly
Value to team: Positive sense of humor, negotiates conflicts, peacemaker, reliable and dependable, loyal team worker, good listener, patient and empathetic, good at reconciling conflicts
Possible weaknesses: Inattentive to detail, tends to listen only when it's convenient, resists change, sensitive to criticism, difficulty establishing priorities
Greatest fear: Loss of security, rejection

No comments:
Post a Comment