If you could go back in time and change something about your life, what would you change? Would you even change anything at all?
I used to have a whole list of things I would do differently if I had the chance to go back in time. I was dissatisfied with my life and envious of what others had. But now, even after all the craziness and mistakes, as bad as they were, and as awful as I feel about them, I don't think I would change anything about my life. Because the mere desire to go back and change things is evidence of regret, and I don't think life is meant to be lived full of remorse, because it weighs you down and sits heavy on your soul.
I think life is what you make of it. Some people have less than nothing, and yet they manage to find joy, hope, and love in their lives. Some people have everything they could ever want, and yet they struggle to fill the emptiness in their lives with temporary happiness. It's your attitude toward life that counts.
I chanced upon this interesting quote once:
"Never regret anything, because at one point, it was exactly what you wanted."
Probably true. But hey, we're only human. We all make mistakes, some probably worse than others, and there's a time to repent and ask for forgiveness and redemption. But after that, I don't think there's a need to dwell on the past, because it's over and done with. What good will it do to keep looking backwards and take for granted the present?
All we can do is look to the future, cling on to the hope we have in our Creator, and trust that there's a reason for everything that happens.

No comments:
Post a Comment