I really like the girls on my team - we're all so different, and yet we get along so well. One girl is really outgoing, talkative, loves photography and fashion, and girly, the other is crazy, full of energy, musical, and boyish, and I'm, well, me. We have lots in common - we love shopping, making music, watching movies... basically having fun - so I'm really glad we're in the same team. We're getting to know each other better, so it's been good; lots of crazy screaming and random dance parties and chocolate parties and girly gossip sessions about (what else?) boys.
Me, the girl from Switzerland, and our fearless team leader from Mauritius.
We went shopping in Birmingham's Chinatown for supplies for our fried rice/noodles. It was heaven on earth in the Chinatown grocery store, and it was hilarious explaining the different weird Chinese food and hell bank notes to the Swiss girl who found it all extremely fascinating and a little weird.
We've watched so many movies together (with other people at the base) - Vanilla Sky, Camp Rock 2, episodes of Glee and The Vampire Diaries, Shrek, Peter Pan, Dumb and Dumber, Wolverine, The Bourne Supremacy, The Blind Side, He's just not that into you, The Hangover... and others I can't remember.
I feel like I'm still in college or something. Watching movies all the time, hanging out with friends, eating a lot of junk food, doing crazy things, going shopping, having fun, avoiding study, staying up late... It doesn't really feel like I'm on a mission trip. I'm not complaining or anything, but... hopefully we'll soon get more ministry opportunities.
No comments:
Post a Comment