I feel like I've been trudging along in the desert for a while.
There's nothing but sand everywhere, and I can't see any living thing in my surroundings. The sand covers such a vast expense of land that there's no end to my journey. I'm exhausted and drained from wandering around aimlessly, trying to occupy myself with trivial things but never really finding any real fulfillment.
My feet hurt from walking, my eyes are sore from the never-ending search, my ears sting from the deafening silence, my mind is weak from the constant bombardment of thoughts, my heart cries out from the dark void of emptiness, my spirit is desolate.
I have no idea where I am or where I'm going.
I just know that I feel really tired and weary, and nothing seems to be of much help. But today God spoke to me through the devotional, and it was exactly what I needed for my malnourished spirit.
"Are you going through a season of difficulty? Fear not. Be bold, for God is with you and working in you. Just as God comforts His people during the time of captivity, God is using this time in the wilderness for you to grow and understand His faithfulness and loving-kindness. He can bring out good even in the midst of our failures. Just as a master painter can restore a damaged piece of artwork, God restores His people.
In our fallen world, people keep searching but they never find what satisfies. Ultimate satisfaction can only be found in God, the gracious giver of all good things. We were made for Him and will never be satisfied with less. As long as we hold onto the illusion that we can find what we're looking for somewhere else, we'll never give ourselves fully to God. It's just easier not to. And yet, in the long run, the easy road we choose proves to be much harder than the hard road we turned away from."
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship



No comments:
Post a Comment