I LOVE HONOLULU, HAWAII!!! IT'S SO AWESOME!!
Everyone here is incredibly laid back, there are tons of tourists, and people basically just chill out at the beach everyday.
WHAT. A. LIFE. I want to move here and work at a surf shop and relax at the beach everyday too!
It actually reminds me a little of Singapore, because it's a tiny island, sunny all year round, filled with trees along the pavements, and oh, asians GALORE. Seriously, this is like a second Japan. I think more than half the population here are Japanese; all the signs and travel brochures even have Japanese on them. So the convenience stores sell a ton of asian food, which is so exciting because it's such a welcome change from Indiana's lame old Walmart.
Anyway, after flight delays (no surprise there, DELTA), I finally arrived in Hawaii after going from Indianapolis to Memphis to LA. And my suitcase actually didn't get lost! I was shocked. Maybe Delta is improving after all. So I got in at 9pm, which is 3am Indiana time, and I was exhausted from the 13 hours of traveling. But Cartoon and I had a little reunion catch-up time, so that was cool. Oh, and we're staying at her friend's apartment, which is so nice and clean and 10 mins away from all the shops and the beach! SO excited. We didn't go yesterday, because we went grocery shopping and exploring around the area, but we'll go soon. SUN, HERE I COME!
I am so white. I need to be tan again.
So we walked around the area and saw a ton of brand name stores. I didn't expect Hawaii to be so.... brand-conscious. But I guess it's mostly for the tourists. It was so wonderful to be able to be around people again, and the sun, and shops. And the beach was packed full of caucasians roasting in the sun. It was like a mass of red because they were all burnt from the sun's rays. I wonder if they know they're getting this much closer to contracting skin cancer.
Anyway, we made dinner in the apartment while her friend was out - we fried gyozas, ramen noodles, chicken, and lettuce together. It was so delicious. Better than the katsu ramen I had from a local restaurant. And then, PARTY AT NIGHT! I have been so deprived.
I love spring break :)
No comments:
Post a Comment