So... haven't been up to much lately. Just a lot of huge projects and busy work I have to do. I sort of completed my personal website today! YAY! It was an awfully tedious process, made even worse by my laziness. My website consists of an About Me page, a Resume page, and a Portfolio page, and in an attempt to make things easier, I stuffed all the information I wanted onto a Photoshop piece, and then put that image into Dreamweaver (so I wouldn't have to put in any text. just the image). But alas, it did not work; it only created a multitude of problems for me. And so I enlisted the help of my supernice professor. But when he told me to start over because everything was becoming too complicated, I refused to believe him and continued making things even more complicated. But the good news is, I FINISHED IT! Even though the code is 10 times more complex than it needs to be. Oh well who cares. The main thing is, I'm done. Although it might possibly make the top 10 ugliest websites in the world.
Here's the evolution of my website design.

From this...

To this...

To this! I know, it isn't the greatest. But at this point, I don't care. I'm a writer, not a designer.
I also have to work on my portfolio (digital and print), and perfect every single piece of work I've ever done in my life. Okay, maybe not all of them, just 9 of them. But still! I have to do the layout of the pages like a magazine, put them in Acrobat, make the links workable, etc. Apparently this project takes about 40 hours to complete. And so far I have put in 0. Awesome. At least it isn't due till 2 weeks after spring break. So I guess I will be living, eating, sleeping, and breathing my portfolio until April 19.
Other than that (and job hunting), I really don't have much on my plate this semester, which is nice. Because I get to hang out with friends and surf the net while they slog away at homework. We've been having more ramen parties recently, as well as homemade dinners at people's apartments, which is such a welcome break from the DC food.
I think one habit I need to put into practice is sleeping early (or earlier). But this computer screen is just so addictive, I can't tear my eyes away from it. Dang you, world wide web! Another thing I need to do is workout more. Even though I have tae-bo/pilates class twice a week, I need to do more, because I did the elliptical for 45 minutes on Monday, and now I'm suffering the consequences of sore legs. Also need to start eating more healthy, which is hard because of the array of crap they call 'food' here.
Why the sudden talk of changing habits, you say? Well, I've recently learned (in class) that people become set in their ways after a while, and so I want to become set in good ways, not bad ones, if that makes sense. Because people in heaven/hell are maximally set in their ways, and they don't even have the desire to change, which is so weird because you would think someone in hell would see the gross mistake they made and want to go back to God. I don't know, all this learning about hell is so confusing and overwhelming.
I've always thought people who don't accept Jesus and believe in Him will go to hell. But now some people are saying there could be a second chance after death, or when you go to hell you only suffer for a while then you perish, etc. And how much suffering does each person experience in hell? Is it measured by the amount of sins they committed? How is that even calculated? And if God is so loving, why does He send people to hell? Why can't He create us all to be God-lovers instead of self-lovers? I understand that will take away our free will and all, but still. What about those people who have never heard the gospel? Some say they will probably not believe even if they heard, so that's why God didn't let them hear the gospel. But that doesn't even make sense! Why on earth would God create these people if they were going to go to hell anyway?? Why let them lead meaningless lives on earth just to suffer for eternity?
Also, do people in hell repent of their sins? Do they realize the mistake they've made? Or do they just go on sinning forever? How can they not know then that God is the true God?
I feel like we will never know the answers to these questions. All we can do is speculate and live our lives in righteousness, glorify God, and fulfill His purpose for our lives.
On another note, I think sometimes people pick and choose aspects of God that they like, and God ends up becoming somewhat of a 'Stepford God' (like in the movie Stepford Wives where the women were all perfect and in the end it was revealed they were all robots). But we should accept all His characteristics, from His wrath to His love to His grace, because they are all truth, and they are all part of the Christian faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment