Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dear Spring Break, I'm so glad you're here

Done with classes for the week (except those I'm skipping on Friday)? Check.
Done with homework due after spring break? Check.
Done with packing? Check.

I'M READY FOR SPRING BREAK 2010!!!
Honolulu, Hawaii, HERE I COME!!!!!
Leaving tomorrow at 7am, flying off at 10.15am, and arriving in Hawaii at 6.13pm!!
I didn't know Hawaii's actually 6 hours behind Indiana, so even though it's a 13-hour journey to get there, I still gain 6 hours. Awesome.

So glad break time is here. It'll be nice to get away from this tiny town and go somewhere and be surrounded by people and sunshine.

Oh random note - It was raining on Monday, and so I was carrying my umbrella (that I got for free when I ordered some clothes online from DavidandGoliath). And I realized the words on the umbrella kind of fit me. They read "I understand, I just don't care."

Maybe this has been obvious to people around me, but recently I've realized how apathetic I am. I seriously don't care about anything. I don't have a burning passion for anything or anyone, which is maybe why my walk with God is suffering. I'm just a drifter in life, content to go wherever the river flows. That's why I'm so easygoing, and nothing much bothers me, becuase I just don't care. I think this is a big weakness of mine that people usually think is a strength, because they always wonder why nothing ever gets on my nerves and I get along with everyone. So yeah - I've realized - my primary school teacher was right. I'm indifferent. TO EVERYTHING! I wish I cared more about something, anything. Maybe then I would have pushed myself harder to achieve more things in life. So I will try to perk up and find something I can genuinely care about.

Okay, end of rant.

Off to paint my nails now! For the first time since January (because it's finally warm enough to show my toes).

No comments: