Thursday, September 02, 2010
Be yourself
I guess this is some sort of variation of Dr Seuss' quote:
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
I don't know how true this is. I mean, people who love us will definitely accept us for who we are, flaws, quirks, and all, but are we genuinely 100% transparent with them? I feel like no matter how close we are to people in our lives, we all have some sort of dirty little secret or embarrassing little habit or impure little thought that might not matter, but we insist on taking to our graves anyway.
Maybe it's just me, but I think we all fear rejection; we're afraid that if we reveal every single aspect of our mind, our being, our soul to others... they might see us for the fraud we are and stop loving us. But then again, God - the creator of the universe, the most powerful being to ever exist - already sacrificed so much for our salvation. And even though I never feel like I deserve any of His blessings, love, faithfulness, or grace, He has never failed me or abandoned me.
So I think it's pretty amazing that I can be exactly who I am in God's presence, because He accepts all of me, He approves of my significance in the grand scheme of life, and He really doesn't care if I'm pretty or skinny or have beautiful skin or own the latest branded bag or get the highest grades or whatever.
He just sees me for me, and I don't have to hide behind anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment