I know this topic has been preached on, read about, contemplated over, written down, and talked about 1001010101010 times, but I think it's something I really want to see come to pass in my life.
We are created by God, loved by God, and cared for by God, come rain or shine. As believers of Jesus Christ, we always have reason to rejoice because of truths that are untouched and unchanged by outward circumstances.
We can rejoice despite circumstances because Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever, whether the church splits, your best friend gives up his/her faith, your leader rebels, or your pastor leaves.
I guess I'm realizing that my faith is in Jesus, not people, because people will let me down (it's just human nature), but God is forever faithful and will never ever disappoint. Christians will come and go in church, they will have all kinds of opinions about who God is, what He is like, what He wants us to do, what He forbids us to do, and all that. But in the end, it's our personal belief in and relationship with God that matters.
I really get agitated when people try to discuss trivial matters like the other day, when someone brought up the question of when Jesus' disciples were saved. And someone else said they weren't saved until Jesus died, because it was then that he interceded for our sins and blessed us with the Holy Spirit - apparently this is the opinion of numerous Christians in whatever denomination.
Well, I'm sorry, but I don't think so. I believe the disciples were already believers when they witnessed Jesus' power, left behind everything they had ever known, and followed Him to the ends of the earth. And what's more, this may sound horrible, but I don't really care. Does my opinion on this issue affect my salvation in any way? No. Does it strengthen my faith in any way? No.
SO WHY BOTHER?
Anyway, all this to say, what others believe in doesn't matter. I just need to be strong in my own faith to stand firm when others try to influence and sway me.

No comments:
Post a Comment