Thursday, September 09, 2010

Perspective

One of the staff leaders here shared something about perspective a few days ago, and I was just struck by the truth of her words.


(This photo doesn't really go with what I'm talking about. I just thought it was funny.)

There are a few important points in our lives - the day we were born, the day we accepted Jesus into our lives, the day we graduated from college, the day we got married, the day we had our first child... etc.
But our life on earth is only this --- short. After our soul leaves our body, we will live on for eternity, which is this --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- long.

So compared to our lives in eternity, our current earthly struggles and problems are so temporary and trivial, and what seems to be of the utmost significance right now will not be in eternity.

This wasn't any kind of huge life-changing realization or anything; it just made me think about my own struggles and how important they seem to me right now, when in reality they will probably not matter 2 months, 6 months, 1 year, 10 years or 50 years from now, much less in eternity. So I guess you could say I gained some perspective... on life.

No comments: