Sunday, September 12, 2010

Funny things and funny guys

There are these two guys here that are hilarious. The only thing is that they both don't speak English fluently because it's their second language. If not, they would probably crack us up all the time.

So this one guy, who is from France, saw me eating my thai tom yum ramen noodles today for dinner, and he decided to eat noodles too. He took a packet of one of those western tasteless chicken flavored ramen, and my friend was like, don't eat that, it's tasteless. (Before he came, my friend and I were laughing about how tasteless and bland western ramen was).
So he was like (with a straight face), oh I've had 5 already. And then he proceeded to make the ramen and then cut the noodles up with a knife, a fork and a spoon when it was done. He just looked so earnest and focused trying to do it that we laughed nonstop at him.

And then we asked him if he liked chinese food, and he was like, oh no. So we asked what his favorite type of food was. I said, French? He shook his head. Mexican? He shook his head. So what kind of food do you like? And he said, chicken.

This other guy, who is from Spain, came up to me and asked if I wanted to join the guys' poker game. I was like, no, I don't like poker. Why are you guys playing poker?
And he goes, We watched an action fighting movie just now, so now we are playing poker, because we are MAN! And later... we go punch some walls.

SO FUNNY my friend and I nearly died laughing at them. Plus these two incidents happened one after another and we were in a really giggly mood. It's so entertaining talking to the guys because they're so funny and they say the funniest things in their halting English (not in a bad way) and I just keep laughing at everything they say and do.

No comments: