Thursday, September 09, 2010

Expectations



I made a list of my expectations for my life (for the next 4 months here in the UK).

I want:
  • To be less dependent on material comforts (goodbye comfortable home, hello tiny bunk bed, tiny closet, communal bathroom, communal dining room, and shower-head with low water pressure).
  • To be more disciplined in doing my daily devotions, so that it will be a joy and not a chore.
  • To have the courage to share the Gospel (and my testimony) with others and the wisdom to know what to say.
  • To learn different ways of sharing the Gospel: drama, illustrations, music, etc.
  • To have greater compassion and love for the poor, needy, disabled, and outcast.
  • To see others as Jesus sees them, and to love them like He does, without judgment or reservations.
  • To find our or be given some sort of clearer direction of what God wants me to do with my life after this.
  • To leave my worldly desires behind and become a woman after God's own heart.
I still have no idea what is in store for me for the rest of 2010, but I trust God put me here for a purpose, and He will provide.

No comments: