Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lazy days for sick people

So I've been out of it for the past few days. A mild sore throat escalated to a full-blown flu within days, and period pains made me want to tear my uterus out of my body once and for all. No more period, no possible pregnancy torture = two birds with one stone. I wonder if anyone's really done that before.
Hmmm. 30 more years till this is all over.

Anyway, I've been drinking so much tea, I don't think I've ever drank this much tea this past year like I have this past week.

Peppermint tea. Totally soothes the throat and the stomach.


Apple cinnamon spice. Full of natural goodness and sweetness there's no need to add sugar. Got a packet of it from the Fremantle market and totally loved it.

So... since I've had a bunch of time in between blowing my nose and doubling over in pain, I've watched two Survivor seasons and the entire first season of How I Met Your Mother. 

The flame of my past obsession with Survivor has been rekindled. I used to watch every single episode of every single season, but then college came, and I didn't own a TV in my room, and other things just took priority.


So I watched Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, which was pretty much THE best season EVER. There were faces I recognized, but half of them I had never seen before. I totally rooted for the villains because they were wildly interesting and wonderfully manipulative - totally great entertainment. And it was very fitting that a villain won; the heroes were a little too bland and spineless in comparison.


Then I watched Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites, which was the second best season ever. Pitting experienced familiar faces against starstruck naive fans? Hilarious.



And then I started on the first season of How I Met Your Mother. I'd always heard great things about this TV show, how it's humorous and entertaining and all, and they were all true. I mean, I've seen a few episodes here and there, but now that I've watched it from the beginning, it all makes sense finally. One episode totally reminds me of The Hangover, too. Four more seasons to go!

No comments: