Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Sudoku madness
When the Sudoku craze started, I brushed it off as another lame game. But when I finally gave it a try months after the fad began to subside, I was surprised by how addictive it was. Fall of 2009 was the start of my slight obsession with solving these tough little puzzles; I brought them to (boring/pointless) classes with me, I tried my hand at them during my free time, and I thought my puzzle-piecing skills were improving.
Enter Hannah, my roommate junior year. She pretty much owned me during a spontaneous competition we held this year during senior seminar (another boring/pointless) class. We both worked on an 'easy' level puzzle (I never got beyond the easy level) - she was done in 30 seconds, I took about 5 minutes. And I was completely floored at her insane ability; it totally put me to shame.
So anyway, since Sudoku is supposedly good for keeping your brain active, and since I'm no longer using my brain cells in school, to prevent them from withering away and dying, I've decided to work on Sudoku puzzles! Let's hope my brain will withstand the critical thinking and problem-solving pressure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment