I love Sundays.
Because...
1. It's a day off from work.
2. I get to explore Perth and discover all it has to offer
And so I found out not all of Perth looks like this...
The first Sunday it was just mom and me at church, and afterwards we got lost in the city (even with the help of a GPS).
But we ended up a quaint little area in the city called Subiaco, explored the markets, and then went to Harbortown, an outlet mall. We tried some Japanese ramen, which was really salty and just overall bad. And I got a pair of black heeled boots :)
The second Sunday it was still mom and me, and this time the legendary Pastor Benny Ho preached; he was pretty funny. Afterwards we went to the Fremantle markets and had Japanese ramen again, this time it was delicious. We also tried a spinach-mushroom-tomato-cheese crepe - BEST tasting crepe I have ever had! It marked the start of mom's obsession with making crepes and perfecting them. We've been having crepes a lot for breakfast - with nutella, chocolate, bananas, even tuna.
This Sunday all of us went to church, brother and cousins included. We had a picnic lunch at a lake with mom's cell group afterwards. Hamburgers, hot dogs, satay, subway sandwiches, homemade sandwiches, carbonara, bee hoon, pasta, fruit salad... It was a feast.
And the lake was so pretty; it was filled with adorable little ducks and the sky was so blue it looked like it was photoshopped.
We went to the movies later and watched Toy Story 3! It was excellent, just like every other Disney/Pixar movie.
Seriously, I have yet to find any horribly bad movie by Pixar or Disney. Films like Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, and Up were pretty much awesome. Except maybe Wall-E, which was a tad too boring for me, with its lack of dialogue in the first half. Although... even though everyone else said they cried, I didn't. I was waiting, and waiting, and waiting for the part where I was supposed to cry, but it never came. The last part was a little nostalgic, but not really terribly sad. Overall, a great movie though.
During the ride back, a huge truck packed to the brim with sheep passed us by. I was very much amused, for some reason. Those poor little squashed sheep.
And then... home sweet home.


No comments:
Post a Comment