Monday, July 05, 2010

What I wouldn't give for a voice like this

Brooke Fraser.

Absolutely adore her voice. It's incredible, it's amazing, and I wish to God I could sing like her. If I had a voice like hers, I would be singing every second of every day. And my life would be somewhat like a Disney musical :)


A friend introduced me to this song a while ago - Shadowfeet - and I really love the lyrics. That's what I like about her; she doesn't just sing wonderfully, her songs are actually meaningful and inspiring.

When the world has fallen out from under me
I'll be found in you, still standing
Every fear and accusation under my feet
when time and space are through
I'll be found in you 


I like that she branched out from Hillsong and did her own thing, although I think she's a little underrated. I don't know why more people haven't heard of her. Every time I listen to songs like 'Desert Song' and 'Lord of Lords' and 'Lead me to the Cross,' I can't help but feel God tugging at my heart strings.





Spirit now living
And dwelling within me
Keep my eyes fixed
Ever on Jesus' face
Let not the things of this world
Ever sway me
I'll run 'til I finish the race


Easier said than done... but I'm trying.

No comments: